Location: Jiuxianqiao Liujiefang Building 11, Chaoyang District, Beijing
To the north of the building is the 798 Art Zone and the working population is mainly young. There is good infrastructure construction here such as large shopping malls in the east. The south side of the site is easily accessible as it is close to the Dongfengbeiqiao Underground Station.
- Status and Issues
The total construction area is about 4155 square meters, and the first floor is about 1385 square meters. It has three floors.
1. Aging of the Buildings
2. Shared Area Debris
1. After urbanization, the population has increased dramatically, rents and housing prices have risen, and it is difficult for young people to rent houses and buy houses in urban areas.
2. Aging population
3. The deviation of the relationship between people and people
4. The rise of big data and the Internet has made the sharing economy develop rapidly.
- Summary of renovation plan
The building renovation aims to create a new shared living concept and space business model. In this new shared living space, space becomes more flexible and space efficiency will be increased. People can also share time and space and manage and operate the community together.
· Working, living, cultural, entertainment and other community facilities
· Customized units, re-partitioning, setting different modules (such as living, entertainment, business, etc.) and distinguishing between private and public spaces
·Specific design for typical living spaces and some public spaces
Interaction of Spatial Interface
Redefining the spatial function, redefining the area and proportion between private and shared, and researching people’s right to use this space to adapt to the living needs of this era and the new social way of young people. All functions will change as people’s needs and time change.
- Relationship Between People, Activities and Time
At different times, people’s activities are different. Most people work during the day, while nights are entertainment and rest.
- Spatial Arrangement
Some spaces can change with people’s needs and time, resulting in flexible space and fixed space.
- Ground Floor – Second Floor Function
Breaking the division of the original building area makes the whole building a shared living space with functions of living, entertainment and work.
- Flown Line Analysis and Section
- Axonometric Drawing
- Ground Floor – Entertainment Space
Looking for fixed and variable spaces in public spaces/ Meeting different needs by diversifying the indoor space/ Improving space efficiency
Part of the first floor is open to the outside world, and part of it is open to the inside, with flexible space.
- First Floor – Office Space
Office space is mainly for freelancers and small entrepreneurial studios.
Office space is divided into open office area, private office area, meeting room, etc.
Public rest space is available to expand the shared area.
First Floor – Office Space Plan
- First Floor and Second Floor – Living Space
Living – including residential and supporting public spaces, such as public kitchens, public living rooms, etc.
Influencing the functional transformation in the living space by controlling the spatial interface.
Customized furniture (multi-function cabinet) as the main component of the functional transformation of living space.
Reduce the size of the private space and expand the area of the shared area.
- Technical Drawings
Nov.2018 – May.2019